Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $108.5bn* of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world.
Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across multiple jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM. These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively within the framework of Man Group, with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm’s single operating platform, enabling their primary focus to be seeking to generate alpha for clients. The teams invest across a diverse range of strategies and asset classes with highly specialised approaches, with long only and alternative strategies run on a discretionary
and quantitative basis in single and multi-manager formats. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we engage in close dialogue with our investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. Man Group’s investment teams are empowered and supported by our institutional infrastructure and technology, which aims to facilitate the efficient exposure to markets and effective collaboration across the organisation.
Through the Man Charitable Trust, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly. Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.LN and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Further information can be found at www.man.com. For more information about Man Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit
*As at 31 December 2018. All investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment “engines” of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
Purpose of the role
The role primarily incorporates the oversight of outsourced operations activities with our service provider. Due to the nature of the role a significant amount of time is spent dealing with and answering queries for various service providers and other internal departments.
In addition, the role includes elements of day-to-day delivery, client onboarding and an expectation that the candidate will analyse and suggest improvements to the processes. The role will initially be targeted towards the cash management function but there is scope for rotation and cross-training across a diverse set of asset classes.
- Act as a subject matter expert for all Cash Management functions
- Provide oversight on the Cash Management functions performed by outsource provider
- Managing queries from both internal and external clients in an efficient and timely manner
- Assisting in the on-going development of the Cash Management systems.
- Reviewing current working practices and processes to improve processes where possible
- Assist New Business regarding bank account requirements and new product structures
- Ensure all processes meet the Audit and Internal Control Framework
- Key liaison and central point of contact between investment management businesses and our service providers
- Provide input and support to broader multi-team projects and initiatives, undertaking system testing and implementation
- Ideally 3 yrs+ experience in Operations within investment management firm or investment bank and with a strong understanding of financial services
- Knowledge of cash management processes and treasury functions - FX trading, hedging, stock lending & repo, collateral management
- Stakeholder relationship management – both internal and external (PBs, custodians, counterparties)
- Self-motivated and responsive to a constantly changing environment
- A clear thinker under pressure
- An ability to learn and absorb concepts quickly
- Strong communication skills, with the credibility and confidence to influence and draw people together from various groups and levels
Our oversight function covers the full range of asset classes across all our investment management entities and provides the candidate with the medium to learn a broad spectrum of skills and understanding of the components within the investment management industry.
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
- Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working.
- Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world. Further information can be found at www.man.com. Employees are also offered two ‘ManKind’ days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust’s community volunteering programme.
- We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments on-site flu vaccinations, daily food allowance at our internal kitchens, subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme.
- Flexible working - We offer flexible working with the chance to work from home – the number of days will be down the hiring manager’s discretion.