Who we are looking for
The PwC Technology Consulting (Oracle) practice is looking to recruit exceptional individuals with a proven track record in financial consolidation technology and/or process (5 years relevant experience).
As a Manager within our Oracle Technology Competency you’ll work with the latest technologies and big-name companies on projects that are driving the future of those organisations. You could be brainstorming with the client at the outset of a project, so that you learn how their business works before devising the right strategy. Equally you could be involved in agile delivery - designing, testing or launching the technology that will make the difference.
You’ll be a part of PwC’s Technology Consulting practice which has a breadth of capability across all of the Emerging Technologies, with our one Firm approach you’ll be joining forces with like-minded individuals to develop truly unique and differentiated solutions for our clients. Being mobile is essential as you’ll work on client projects that could be anywhere in the country – or even the world. The same goes for your skill set – intellectually curious, dynamic and the ability to challenge the traditional approaches to deliver real transformation. Ultimately, an open mind to take advantage of all of the opportunities on offer is essential.
About the role
As part of PwC’s Technology Consulting practice, we have the privilege of acting as trusted advisors to a diverse and expansive client base, spanning multiple geographies and industries. This means that we have a real opportunity to enhance and refine our clients’ businesses through the use of ever evolving technology. Of course, this will only be possible if we have the right people, with the right skills and the ability to push the boundaries of how new technologies can support future business models. That’s where you come in.
As a Manager, you will blend a natural interest in technology and finance to develop creative ideas into solutions. Your primary focus will be on financial consolidation technology, therefore a proven understanding of the financial month end process is crucial. Our industry leading methodologies play a major part in finance transformation programmes for our clients, and we’re always looking to stay one step ahead. This means you’ll be working alongside other experts in emerging technologies (e.g. Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, ChatBots) to deliver innovative solutions to solve important business problems for our clients.
In particular, you will be expected to be responsible for
- Delivering Consolidation and Integrated Reporting aspects of a Finance Transformation project/programme as a key PwC member of mixed PwC / client teams
- Embedding sustainable change across all levels of the finance function
- Accountability for the sustainability of project benefits;
- Identifying further service opportunities, while client side
- Contributing to our continued Digital Finance thought leadership, working closely with colleagues in Strategy, Finance and Technology Consulting
- Mentoring and coaching other team members
- Developing new ideas, new ways of working with an unlimited creativity license
- Building and maintaining deep and long lasting relationships with all levels of stakeholders
Regardless of your role, you will strive to deliver quality, value and satisfaction to our clients.
- Opportunity for working from home? (Yes)
- Amount of time client based (At least 80%)
- Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
- Amount of time PwC office based (20%)
Essential skills ·
One of the following (or both) -
- proven, demonstrable financial consolidation system implementation experience, preferably at large, complex multinationals, and are considered an expert and leader in your field;
- a track record in implementing finance process change enabled by technology, either as a consultant or within a finance function
- a strong understanding of how digital technology is changing finance over the short, medium and long term
- refined leadership qualities with a focus on team enhancement and growth
- exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) with a focus on the ability to influence and drive change through complex organisations
- a creative and inquisitive mind-set that challenges the status quo
- education to Degree level as minimum
Desirable skills ·
- preference will be given to candidates that have a thorough understanding of accounting and finance, especially those who hold a Professional Accounting designation (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent)
- experience of working with Oracle EPM Cloud products such as FCCS, EPBCS, PBCS, TRCS, EPBCS and Essbase Cloud
- experience of working with other emerging technologies (e.g. Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain, AI etc.)
Our people need to demonstrate a defined set of core skills and behaviours. We refer to these as our global core competencies. They're integral to who we are as a firm and form the basis of our people appraisal process. We will also assess you against them within our recruitment process to benchmark your own skills and behaviours. We recommend you visit the below web page to find out more about our global core competencies and to consider how your own experiences will align against them. This will help you through the recruitment process with us.