MacKenzie King are recruiting a part-time Accountant for a reputable, long established and independent organisation based in Harwich. This newly created role is initially a 12 month fixed term contract and will report into and support the Financial Controller. The role will involve completing timely and accurate management and financial accounts as well as ongoing projects.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage all balance sheet and account reconciliations
- Lead on the testing and use of the accounting and invoicing system
- manage the banking activity including bank deposits, cash and petty cash books to ensure cash balances are reconciled on a weekly basis.
- Maintain accounting records for VAT and Duty; including the filing of returns to HMRC.
- Maintain nominal ledger, producing trial balance and monthly reports.
- Support the Financial Controller in preparing annual accounts and audit.
You will ideally be a qualified accountant with previous experience in a technical environment and have excellent organisational and analytical skills. You will have advanced IT skills and be self motivated to learn new processes and systems. This role offers a generous benefits package as well as flexibility to work from home if required.