Part Time Accountant, Redditch, Negotiable Hourly Rate DOE
Increase your chances of an interview by reading the following overview of this role before making an application.
Hays are delighted to be working with a growing business within the pharmaceutical industry, focusing on the manufacture of products to support premature infants and their mothers. This organisation has gone through significant growth in the last 18 months and is now looking to bring on a part-time Accountant to support their Managing Director with the day-to-day finances of the business. This role will be two days a week, on a temporary rolling basis with the potential for extension in line with business needs. This role would suit a qualified or qualified by experience (QBE) candidate who is looking for a part-time role where they can take ownership for the finance function of the organisation.
This an all-encompassing role that shall entail setting up the Accounting system and framework, and individually managing the accounts as well as assisting in other areas of the business including various administrative duties. Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Management of the finance & admin functionalities
- Handling the VAT, PAYE and pension responsibilities
- Preparation of reconciliations & journals to a high standard
- Prepare monthly management accounts and financial trading review packs
- Manage ad hoc requests for analysis
In order to be successful in this role you will be:
- Qualified AAT/ACCA/CIMA or QBE
- Excellent communication skills
- Hard working & trustworthy
- To be able to work to deadlines
- High level of skills in utilising Excel/Word/Powerpoint
- Experience with Quickbooks is essential for this role
The rate for this role is negotiable dependent on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.