Apply now, read the job details by scrolling down Double check you have the necessary skills before sending an application.
This is a part time position that will work 3 days per week based in their offices a short drive from Basingstoke and the surrounding areas. Our client is proud to offer flexible working arrangements, and are open to discussions surrounding days and times to suit your responsibilities outside of work. This is a permanent role that offers the strong potential to grow and develop your skills and knowledge. You will join a small team of 3 and have an opportunity to make a big impact on the business as it changes for the future.
What will you be doing?
As an accountant you will support on a range of tasks including but not limited to:
- Producing management accounts for various business units
- Supporting with the annual returns process
- Collating and submitting VAT returns
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Developing and documenting new processes to address risk
- Answering queries and supporting colleagues within the department
- Producing reports and working with department heads to better understand the financial position of their departments
What are we looking for?
The key skills, knowledge and experience we are seeking for the Accountant post are:
- Qualification or Part Qualification via ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Experience working in a role with similar responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel to at least an intermediate standard
- High level of accuracy and ability to spot numerical differences
- Analytical approach with the ability to make changes
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Methodical approach and attention to detail
- While not essential, experience using Sage Line 50 would be beneficial
What is on offer?
This post will pay £30000 - £35000 per year Pro rata to 3 days and will come with free onsite parking, access to private dental insurance at a discounted rate and an excellent chance to develop your career and skills. Our client is happy to consider a range of working arrangements to promote an effective work-life balance and is proud to host an excellent working environment where ownership and collaboration are at the core of their values.
If you would like to be considered for the Accountant post please send in your application and we will be in touch with you in due course.