We’re a London-based fintech startup who have just raised a $3.5mn seed round. Our seed round was led by Lakestar, who previously invested in Revolut, Spotify, and Facebook. In 2020 we were named Financial Technology Innovation of the Year and Tech Nation Rising Star. Our mission is to help you retire with a larger pension.
Most adults in the UK hold their pension in a pension fund. Pension funds give the money in your pension pot to asset managers so that asset managers can invest the money and, hopefully, increase the value of your pension over time. In return for managing the fund, asset managers charge fees.
Most pension funds have poor understanding of the fees they are paying, often being overcharged. As a result, by the time you retire as much as 40% of your pension has been paid to asset managers in the form of fees.
ClearGlass is a digital platform which allows pension funds to discover, analyse, and compare the fees that asset managers are charging them. Pension funds can then use this data to negotiate better deals, reduce costs, and allow us all to retire with larger pensions.
As of June 2021, ClearGlass has helped more than 800 pension funds & asset owners, with a combined value of over 700 billion pounds, to see their fees. We also work with pension funds in Europe and southern Africa.
We’ve recently raised our seed round with some of Europe’s leading VCs. We have the support of UK government bodies, and some of the biggest players in the pension industry.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to be responsible for all aspects of ClearGlass’ accounts.
Reporting to the COO, you will have oversight of all ClearGlass’ finances and be passionate about growing the business and introducing new best practices, processes and procedures as the business scales.
- Responsible for all bookkeeping within the company including invoices, credit control and ledgers.
- Manage the employee payroll end to end, including all associated returns etc.
- Responsible for Quarterly VAT returns, Statutory Annual returns, Corporation Tax returns, PAYE etc.
- Liaising with external advisors regarding Statutory and Tax accounts
- Managing ClearGlass’ EMI/Equity options for the business including all EIS tax schemes for shareholders.
- Company Secretary responsibilities include: Annual Returns, Share Register, Filing Company Accounts and assisting with Fundraising efforts as the company scales from Seed to Series A and beyond.
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant, Management Accountant or similar role
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- Time-management abilities