A part time accountant position (2 days per week) with a UK-based alternative investment firm. They were founded in 2010 and are poised for significant growth over the next 5 years!
With a current focus on affordable housing in Greater London, they are looking to expand their small, dynamic team in preparation for the launch of new funds with varying real estate strategies, addressing multiple stages of a project's lifecycle. The Principals of the firm have a mixture of entrepreneurial and institutional track records and have extensive experience in building teams and businesses.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity for exposure to real estate project entities and funds as well as the growth of the business.
The role will be 2 days per week, with scope to increase the days later down the line.
- Prepare financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarisation of data
- Maintain the general ledgers in an accurate, complete and up-to-date manner
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding and processing payments
- Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections and revenue recognition
- Prepare tax, regulatory, company secretarial and financial filings
- Perform payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner, and submit payroll taxes
- Support management in the accurate production of budgets and forecasts
- 3+ years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping, preferably within the real estate industry
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of UK GAAP and FRS 102
- Experience of accounting package (preferably Xero) and Microsoft Excel
- Extensive experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general ledger
For the right candidate, relevant professional training may be available.
The full time salary equivalent is £35k-40k which will be prorata'ed for the 2 days per week.