CMA Recruitment Group is currently representing an SME construction business in Southampton to assist their search for a part time Accountant on a permanent basis.
Our client is offering 20-25 hours per week and can be flexible in regards to how these hours are worked across the week. There will also be the opportunity to work some of the week from home, but at least two days will need to be in the office. The office culture is relaxed and sociable, so any candidate considering a role with the business will have to be willing to be a part of the team.
What will the role involve?
- Processing and managing all purchase ledger transactions;
- Processing and paying weekly Subcontractors' invoices including CIS deductions and reporting to HMRC;
- CITB Returns;
- Staff expenses and Credit Card reconciliations;
- Processing and managing all sales ledger transactions;
- Raising recharge invoices between related companies;
- Reconciling bank account and cash book transactions;
- Producing cashflow projections;
- Running weekly payroll;
- Monthly PAYE, NI & CIS Tax returns and payments to HMRC;
- Fixed asset register, including quarterly depreciation;
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns;
- Reconciliations up to Trial Balance for forwarding to external Accountants to produce Quarterly Management information and Annual returns to HMRC;
- Weekly and monthly reports required by the Directors to enable close and accurate monitoring of the business.
- Substantial SME accounting experience;
- Previous experience of Sage accounting systems, preferably Sage 200;
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with a focus on working as a team.
Additional benefits and information:
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays;
- Flexible working.
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. CMA is currently receiving a high volume of applications. Whilst we ensure all applications are considered, regrettably, it may not be possible to respond individually to all applications received.