This not-for-profit organisation is looking to recruit an experienced Office Manager to cover a 12-month maternity contract. This is a key role working alongside the Executive Director and Engagement Manager to facilitate, manage and support the growth of the organisation.
You will be responsible for managing the Business and Operations Department and ensuring the smooth running of the office, core administration, financial administration of the company, HR, and physical resources.
- Supporting the Executive Director with refocusing the organisation post-COVID-19 and contribute to the development of a new 5-year business plan and Arts Council England National Portfolio application.
- Managing the personnel who are responsible for the administration of the artistic programme.
- Assist with shaping and delivering the business development strategy by diversifying income sources, managing time-limited projects and driving forward new initiatives to ensure our long-term growth and sustainability.
- Supporting with sourcing, assessing, developing, and managing funding and income generation opportunities
- Overseeing the rolling review process of all general company policies and ensuring all policies are reviewed and implemented
- Acting as the Data Protection Officer (Training available[)
- Overall responsibility for Health & Safety including COVID-security.
- Management of the complaints process
- Keeping personnel records and overseeing routine staff paperwork (holidays/sick, flexitime, expenses, contracts) and procedures (Appraisals/ Grievances/Disciplinary)
- Administration of the Pension scheme
- Implementing and maintaining company Health & Wellbeing procedures and processes.
- Line management of Event Support Officer, Company Administrator and Programme Administrator with responsibility including regular support and performance management.
- Managing online banking processes
- Managing company payroll and PAYE liabilities, including reporting to HMRC (delegating tasks to CA).
- Assisting the Executive Director in preparing management accounts.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in HR, Business Development, and Finance. If you are highly organised, with excellent communication skills and high levels of motivation then this could be a great opportunity for you. This role offers variety, challenge and interest but with the added benefit of part-time hours and could be a great 12-month project for the right person.
This is a part-time role working 21 hours per week and is paying £18,304 - £19,217, depending on experience (FTE £30,507-£32,029 35 hrs 0.6FTE)
Initially, the role will be home-based until such time as it is safe to return to the office however, it is anticipated that it will be a phased return with homeworking still factoring into the working hours subject to discussion.