We are looking for methodical and motivated Part Time Assistant Accountant to join our well-established client based in Oxford. You will be responsible for supporting the Finance Team reporting directly into the Head of Finance.
Salary: £25,000 - £29,000 pro rata
Hours: 25 hours per week
- Ensuring the purchase ledger transactions are recorded in an accurate and timely manner, and ensuring costs are appropriately linked to projects.
- Preparing monthly payment runs and ad-hoc payment requests for management approval.
- Reconciling company credit cards and supplier statements.
- Month end accruals and prepayments adjustments.
- Managing the recharge to licensees of patent costs incurred (generating sales invoices to directly recharge the cost and reconciling the entries on a monthly basis).
- Advanced Excel Skills.
- Ideally 2 -3 years experience working within Purchase Ledger or similar function
- The ideal candidate will have current experience of using Sage 200 and a willingness to learn new systems. Full training on systems will be provided.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing and with a wide range of people and organisations
If you are interested in the Assistant Accountant role and believe you have the suitable skills and experience to be considered, then please apply.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within four days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application. Please continue to visit our website for other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.