RM Recruit are working in partnership with the Sutton Coldfield Charitable Trust to recruit a Part Time Assistant Accountant for their close knit team. The principal objectives of the Trust are the provision of Almshouses, the distribution of funds and other measures for the alleviation of hardship and other needs for inhabitants and organisations within the boundaries of the former Borough of Sutton Coldfield. The Trust's origins can be traced back to Tudor times and throughout a long history it has improved the lives of generations of people in Sutton Coldfield, particularly those in the greatest need.
Not sure what skills you will need for this opportunity Simply read the full description below to get a complete picture of candidate requirements.
The remit of the role will include, but not be limited to
- Processing authorised purchase invoices, payment and grant drawdown requests and prepare payments for approval.
- Preparing demands for rent, insurance rent and service charge rent, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review outstanding debtors, collection of rents and update the ledger for receipts.
- Preparing bank reconciliations, identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Providing cover for payroll in the Financial Controller’s absence.
- Security of petty cash, reconciliation and associated records including control of Residents’ Fund.
- Management and maintenance of the Trust’s Fixed Asset Register.
- Maintaining financial records of Almshouse weekly maintenance charges.
- Maintaining internal records of portfolio investments, including dividends received.
- Preparation of the annual record of Service Charge expenditure.
- Reconciliation and payment of approved School Uniform voucher invoices.
- Preparing month-end accounting adjustments, including VAT, accruals, prepayments, depreciation and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Developing, documenting and improving accounting processes.
In addition the role will see you support with the Trust’s VAT Return, the preparation of annual budgets and long term forecasts and assist with the annual accounts and audit deliverables documentation and assist with the Audit process
The successful candidate will be AAT or CCAB Part Qualified (ACA/ACCA/ACMA/CIPFA) and possess proven experience in a similar role. Sage Line 50 experience is highly desirable and applicants must be confident with day to day use of Excel. Working hours are 19.5 per week on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday with the role based in Walmley, Sutton Coldfield. The FTE salary £32,000 FTE increasing to 33,000 FTE after successful of completion of one year