My client who is based on the outskirts of Southampton is looking for a Part Time Assistant Accountant to join their team working around 25 hours per week across either 4 or 5 days.
My client is an established business based near Southampton.
As the Part Time Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer and supplier records on the SAGE 50 accounting system.
- Maintain professional customer and supplier contacts and follow up invoice and payment queries.
- Generate customer invoices and credit notes to be sent out to clients.
- Credit control function including preparation and maintenance of monthly aged debtor summary for review.
- Issuing monthly customer statements, liaising with customers regarding their accounts and payment chasing as required.
- Manage the petty cash and reconcile on a monthly basis.
- Prepare payment runs for approval.
- Process all expense claims and take ownership of the employee expenses processing and system administration.
- Reconcile the Credit Card accounts on the accounting system on a regular basis.
- Prepare and process monthly and year end payroll on SAGE Payroll including producing payslips online, resolving staff pay related queries, submitting all necessary reports to HMRC and Pension data to providers.
- Prepare and process quarterly VAT and EC sales lists for review and submit on SAGE 50.
- Reconcile all nominal ledger payroll and VAT related accounts monthly.
- Maintain an up to date fixed asset register in line with company depreciation and disposal policies.
- Post monthly depreciation journals and adhoc journals when required.
- Prepare quarterly and annual ONS surveys re leases and assets for review.
- Assist with travel management with travel agencies where necessary for larger trips.
- Assist with office management and company event organisation.
- Ad Hoc finance related tasks as requested.
In order to be considered for the role you will:
- Have previously used Sage 50
- Be comfortable with duties such as payroll and credit control
- Be able to work from the office at least 3 days a week
- Be able to do your hours across 4 or 5 days
- Be competent using MS Excel
- Be looking for the opportunity to work in a varied accounts role
The chance to work in a busy role with flexible hours.