Assistant Accountant (maternity cover) 9 months starting from June.
Summary of Key Duties:
The primary responsibility of the role is to assist the Finance department and the wider organisation in relation to Expenses, bank reconciliations and certain management accounts support functions.
This is an important role supporting the Finance team and will require the successful candidate to be confident in communicating with Partners and Staff at all levels. The candidate must also be able to demonstrate a record of attention to detail and a strong work ethic. Being able to work effectively in a team, building strong relationships, taking ownership of a task and showing initiative are key skills required.
The role will be varied requiring the candidate to be able to learn in detail the expenses system and procedures so that they can effectively process claims and support Partners and Staff with their queries.
An understanding in technical terms involved in bookkeeping will be advantageous as the role will involve management accounts support including the preparation of the month end pre-payments. Ideally the candidate will have worked in a Finance/Accounting department before whether that be purchase ledger, management accounts or general bookkeeping.
The main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Processing - ensure payments processed per LCP guidelines.
- Payments - BACS and online payments
- Maintaining staff vendor list (Bank details, e-mails for remittances)
- General expense queries from staff and Partners
- Daily Bank reconciliations for main UK bank account
- Monthly bank reconciliations for currency and other bank accounts (12 accounts)
- Run daily Star/Navision interface (Finance Systems Interface)
- Ad hoc journals in Navision
- Daily cash (cash forecast) process including tracking actuals to forecast.
Management Accounts & Other General
- Pre-payments (working alongside the Purchase Ledger Administrator).
- Future process: Accruals (also working alongside the Purchase Ledger Administrator).
- Support general billing functions - WIP transfers, client set ups & new jobs.
- Microsoft Navision
- Office 365 & Teams
- Previous Finance experience (Purchase ledger/Expenses or junior management accounts role)
The type of person:
A financial or accounting background is desired but not essential as training and support will be given to all aspects of the job. Having a good attitude, acute attention to detail, a willingness to try new things and take ownership of a task and a confidence to be a fully active member of the team is most important. As there will be a lot of contact at all levels of the Company, the ability to demonstrate good communication skills are vital. A good understanding of all the Microsoft suite of applications is important, especially Excel and Teams. Any additional knowledge of invoicing systems (not necessarily Star as training will be provided) and ledger systems such as Microsoft Navision is advantageous.
£25,600 Basic salary (Pro-rata)
Based in Winchester.
- 21 - 28 hours per week Hours stated of 21 - 28 hours per week can be flexible with regards to days worked / mornings / afternoons / number of days preferred.
- 21 days holiday pro-rata plus bank holidays.
Optima Recruitment specialists in Permanent & Temporary Recruitment, including Administration, Secretarial & PA, Accounts & Finance, Graduate Opportunities, Human Resources, Recruitment Consultancy, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service and Lega