ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (PART TIME) - LEADING SPORTS ORGANISATION
Based: South West London
AAT Qualified or CIMA/ACCA part qualified
£28,000 - £30,000 (pro rata)
Submit your CV and any additional required information after you have read this description by clicking on the application button.
PART TIME: 15-20 hours per week
6 month rolling contract
Successful and well known sport business is looking for an Assistant Accountant on a PART TIME basis for one of their divisions in the South West London area on a rolling (6 month) contract basis.
Working closely within a small team and reporting into the Financial Controller, the role of the Assistant Accountant will involve supporting the finance team in a range of reporting, controlling and general accounting tasks along with various other ad hoc responsibilities. The position is varied and will offer an increased scope of work as the individual progresses. Responsibilities for the Assistant Accountant will include:
- Month end reporting and processing of results
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of debtor and creditor ledgers
- Monitoring and reporting of revenue streams
- Timely production of accounts
- Assisting with ad hoc month end close and reporting process..
- General financial admin tasks when required
- Part Qualified ACCA / CIMA or AAT with 3-6 years finance or bookkeeping experience
- Willingness to work on a part time basis, 15-20 hours per week
- Month end experience
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Willing to learn and keen to develop.
- Organised and able to meet various weekly/monthly deadlines.
- Excellent communication and IT skills .
- Versatile, flexible and who has attention to detail
- charity sector experience is advantageous
- An interest in entertainment / sport
Applicants for the Assistant Accountant position should be part qualified CIMA / ACCA or AAT. You should be able to hit the ground running with at least 2-6 years experience in a similar role.The role will initially be offered on a 6 month fixed term contract basis with a view of being extended / being made permanent thereafter.