Are you looking to further your VAT skills in a role that offers excellent on the job training and a brilliant pension contribution? Keen to secure a part time role within a growing public sector organisation and play a key role in several upcoming projects? Want to work for an organisation the understands the need to balance work with your personal life?
Read on to fully understand what this job requires in terms of skills and experience If you are a good match, make an application.
If yes, look no further!
My client is a public sector organisation who are currently looking for an Part-Time Assistant Accountant (VAT) to join their team on a permanent basis for four days per week. Based in Bedfordshire, this role will act as the VAT subject matter expert for the organisation and offers a brilliant opportunity for someone who is looking to further their VAT skills and put their own stamp on a newly revised role.
The key duties of this Part-Time Assistant Accountant (VAT) role are as follows:
- Full responsibility for ensuring that income and expenditure across the organisation is fully compliant with all necessary rules and regulations.
- Take the lead on the production of VAT returns for submission to HMRC on a monthly basis.
- Be the VAT subject matter expert for internal and external stakeholders, acting as the key point of contact for any queries and providing any advice as required.
- Provide training sessions to stakeholders across the organisation to boost understanding of VAT compliance, taxation implications and partial exemption.
- Be at the forefront of generating new ideas to streamline existing VAT processes to improve efficiency.
The successful candidate will be offered a brilliant benefits package including a competitive salary, a phenomenal employer pension contribution, flexible working arrangements and numerous opportunities to grow and develop professionally. Although homebased initially, applicants must live within a commutable distance from their offices in Bedfordshire.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally, part qualified as an accountancy professional (AAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.).
- A solid understanding of VAT legislation and experience compiling VAT returns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferably, a background working in a local authority. However, candidates without this are still strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewed daily and my client is looking to schedule interviews ASAP.