ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
PART TIME 6 MONTH CONTRACT
- Business Background
My client is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year - growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry.
- Role in Brief
This role is responsible for assisting in the production of accurate and timely monthly financial information for use by the senior management in running the business and for onward reporting to the business. This information will include, but not be limited to, statement of Company Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet. They will also assist in the production of year end accounts, year end account reconciliations and preparation of lead schedules for submission to our statutory auditors.
Close attention to detail, honesty and integrity are essential in this role.
It is expected that you will work alongside other members of the Finance team and, being a strong team player, you will be willing to assist others as necessary to achieve team objectives.
Strong communication skills will be required as the role may require liaison with others both within the Company and externally with customers, suppliers, the bank etc
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and hardworking accounts professional to join the Finance team at a time of peak workload, growth and development.
3. Key Responsibilities
- Review of monthly recurring revenue and analysis of changes month on month and against forecast and budget.
- Determining that revenue has been accounted for in the correct period including transfers to and from the deferred income account, work in progress etc.
- Review of costs of sales to ensure that all costs are covered by sales invoices and that costs are recognised in the correct period by adjusting prepayments and accruals as necessary.
- Review of balance sheet accounts and reconciliation of these monthly including prepayments, deferred income, accruals etc
- Assisting in the production of monthly management accounts schedules to predetermined timescales
- Assisting in the preparation of financial budgets and forecasts
- Assisting in the preparation of other management accounting information as required
4. Department Organisation Structure
Reporting to the Management Accountant
5. Skills / Interests Required
- Experience of working with one or more computerised accounting packages preferably either Access Dimensions or Sage 200
- Must be IT literate with a working knowledge of MS Office with intermediate knowledge and practical use of Excel including Pivot tables etc
- Close attention to detail and accurate working is essential
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Integrity & honesty
- Able to work under pressure with a calm temperament
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organisational & planning skills with the ability to identify priorities, self-manage workload and work unsupervised
6. Experience Required
Essential & demonstrable
- ACCA/CIMA qualified or part qualified depending on experience
- Solid experience in a similar role working on monthly management accounts and year end accounts