Our client, who offer first class accommodation and nursing care, are urgently looking to recruit an experienced Bookkeeper to join their large, friendly team. The purpose-built nursing home has an excellent reputation and provide care for the elderly.
This role is to work 15 hours per week to manage and process the finances and payroll of the company. The ideal candidate must have previous experience as a book-keeper and payroll with great knowledge of the duties listed below. An ability to work quickly and accurately is essential, along with outstanding Microsoft Office skills. Candidates are to have experience of the Sage 50 accounting software.
As the Bookkeeper you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of Accounts to Trial Balance
- Formulation of monthly Management Accounts including P&L and Balance Sheets Inputting and maintaining the Sales & Purchase ledgers
- Control & maintenance of the nominal ledger
- Bank Reconciliations
- Cash allocations
- Sending sales invoices to clients
- Staff payroll from start to finish
The successful candidate for the role of the Bookkeeper will have:
- 5 years bookkeeping and payroll experience
- Working knowledge of Sage 50
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Excellent eye for detail and a logical and systematic approach
- Ability to use initiative
- Excellent communication skills
In return the Bookkeeper will receive a basic salary of around £8,500 - £10,000 for working a 15-hour week over 3 days - Flexibility on days worked.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of the closing date, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful.