19 days ago
Our client is an exciting growing accountancy practice based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire with clients nationwide.
Due to continued growth our client is looking for an experienced part time Bookkeeper to join their team. The ideal candidate will have over 5 years' experience and ideally be AAT qualified.
They will assist the bookkeeping manager with workload and admin tasks as well as the bookkeeping tasks at hand.
The client is looking for experience from practice backgrounds and less industry.
You will need to have a calm focus while dealing with high priority workloads and be able to delegate clearly and confidently.
- Review all VAT returns and manage queries from clients
- Submission of all VAT returns
- Oversee and being responsible for all bookkeeping assignments and performing bookkeeping tasks when necessary as well as ensuring all deadlines are met
- Responsibility for the delivery of management accounts within the practice
- Training clients on software packages and assisting with relevant queries
- Advising clients on appropriate software related apps e.g. Receipt Bank and similar, to help add value to our client offering
- Attending to all VAT enquiries and checks - Working alongside fellow managers and team
* Must have accountancy practice experience (> 75% of CV)
* Must be an expert in Xero and ReceiptBank / Dext
* Must have managed a portfolio of clients (e.g. c50 VAT returns per month)
The ideal candidate will have worked in an accountancy practice for min 5 years preferably with management / supervisory experience.