Excellent job just in for a Bookkeeper with flexibility-apply now!
If you are considering sending an application, make sure to hit the apply button below after reading through the entire description.
Your new company
The Bookkeeper is directly responsible to the Company Directors. The purpose of the role is to ensure all aspects of the Company's finances are dealt with appropriately.This role is a standalone role and the position holder will take full responsibility for the processing all finance information.
Your new role
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the overall financial management and day to day bookkeeping of the company. Some of the tasks associated with the role include (but are not limited to). Managing cash in
- Preparing cheques for receipt into the Company Bank Account, posting details into cash book, posting details on to the order processing system.
- Managing Cash-out: Preparing outgoing payments to suppliers, preparing cheques and bank transfers for approval, posting details into cash book, posting payments on order processing system.
- Financial Accounting: Responsible for producing and analysing year-end financial accounts; liaising with the Company's external accountants, production of proposed year end accounts.
- Management Accounting: Responsible for producing monthly management accounts for the Company. Maintaining control accounts, reconciliations, provisions, fixed asset register and other ad hoc reports as required.
- Accounting Systems: Responsible for reviewing, updating, and implementing existing internal accounting systems and introducing new systems and controls where appropriate.
- General Ledger: Responsible for maintaining the General Ledger; setting up new accounts and cost centres when required; ensuring reconciliation of control accounts; ensuring correct allocation of expenditure to cost centres.
- Purchase Ledger: Responsible for accurate processing of all supplier invoices and for their regular payment. Reconciliation of supplier invoices against goods received notes and raising debit notes where appropriate.
- Sales Ledger: Credit control including chasing outstanding payments, establishing, and managing customer credit limits and payment terms, resolving customer debit notes.
- Banking: Responsible for managing of all company bank accounts; ensuring adequate funds are available to meet expenditure requirements.
- VAT: Responsible for the completion of quarterly VAT returns.
- Any other activities related to the financial management of the Company.
- Assisting with the general duties of the office and warehouse as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous appropriate working experience as a Bookkeeper / Company Accountant
- AAT Bookkeeping / Accounting Level 2 or above
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent team player
- The Company Accounting records are maintained on a combination of a Sales Order Processing System (Xeres), Sage50 software and manual records. Experience in all these areas would be beneficial
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.Monday to Friday 25 - 30 hours per week flexible times.Free car parking, pension and holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.