We are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join a small business based in Dunstable, on a temporary to permanent part time basis, 24 hours per week.
You will work as part of a small team and ideally have previous all round accounts experience.
- Assisting the General manager, with maintaining the accounting and financial records within a small administration office
Like the look of this opportunity Make sure to apply fast, as a high volume of applications is expected Scroll down to read the complete job description.
- Handling payments and receipts
- Daily bank reconciliations, credit control, payroll, cash forecasts
- Helping to prepare management accounts
- Ad hoc accounting related tasks as and when might be required
- Flexibility to take on other tasks when necessary, and provide holiday and sickness cover
You will have:
- IT skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook and Word
- Experience of accounting software and / or payroll functions
- Knowledge of Sage 50 and Sage payroll would be an advantage
- Ideally, previous accounts experience in all aspects of accounting, possibly part qualified AAT or similar accounting qualification
- A methodical approach to keeping written and electronic records, and problem solving
- A high degree of confidentiality, and good interpersonal skills
You must be:
- Accurate, organised, methodical and thorough, with great attention to detail
- Proactive, approaching all tasks and issues with urgency and enthusiasm
- Numerate and accurate, able to manage complicated situations effectively
- Self-motivated and autonomous
- A clear and concise communicator and a team player