An established business based in Fleet is offering an opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper to join their small, friendly team. The hours of work will be 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday, or school hours will be considered for the right candidate.
Ready to make your application Please do read through the description at least once before clicking on Apply.
The position will support the Accounts Manager with a range of duties to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of the company accounts. The main focus will be on the Bookkeeping, but the role will also involve some general office admin as and when required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Double entry bookkeeping using an online accounting system (similar to QuickBooks)
- Purchase ledger - setting up new suppliers on the system and making payments
- Sales ledger - raising high value invoices for construction projects, gathering all documentation required
- Processing payroll for employees and subcontractors and managing CIS deductions and payments
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Liaising with customers and suppliers
- Processing all expenses
- VAT returns
- Reporting and analysis using Excel
- Admin duties such as setting up new customer project files
We are looking for a flexible candidate with a good sense of humour and experience of working in a small team. Intermediate Excel skills will be needed, and CIS knowledge would be ideal but not essential.
Annual salary offered is £21-23K, based on a 30 hour week (£13.50 - £14.75ph)
Data Protection Statement
The information that you provide with your application for this position will be used by Venus Recruitment for providing work-finding services. Please refer to our website for our full Privacy Notice.