Success Recruit are currently working with a growing construction business based in South Essex who are seeking to recruit an experienced Part time Bookkeeper that can support with all the below duties.
To be considered for an interview, please make sure your application is full in line with the job specs as found below.
The successful Part time Bookkeeper will be expected to:
· Have a minimum of 3 years previous experience within the construction sector.
· Experience using Sage software
· Analytical/systematic approach to work
· Confident communication skills on all levels and via telephone and email
The successful Part time Bookkeeper will be rewarded with:
· The opportunity to join an established business
· Working within a positive and growing team who are supportive
Purpose of the Role:
The objective of this role is to support with all bookkeeping duties to help with the smooth daily operation of the business whilst also being a key contact to sub-contractors, suppliers and building strong relationships in the workplace.
Duties to include but not limited to:
· Purchase & sales ledger
· Daily & weekly bank reconciliation
· Managing company credit card payments
· Query resolution on outstanding credit queries & credit control
· Completing CIS Returns
· Completing VAT Returns
· Filing of all necessary paperwork to support with year end preparation
· Chasing of weekly sub-contractor timesheets
· Ensuring all paperwork is up to date for sub-contractors & compliant
· Project costing on various projects & updating system
The successful Bookkeeper will require a very good understanding of the core accounting principles and will be working closely within an experienced accountancy team who is supporting the business with the implementation of sage to the business. It will suit someone who is very organised and can work and communicate with people on all levels and be able to demonstrate this experience during their career at interview.
16-25 hours a week, Monday - Friday, 3 full days or 5 part time days can be considered
Circa £24k pro rata
Dear Job seeker! We value your application however we are unable to respond to everyone directly due to high volumes we receive. Please be assured though that we will review your CV and should we believe you meet the experience needed for this vacancy one of the team at Success Recruit will be in touch very shortly!
In the meantime, we wish you all the best in your new job search and finding a position you will be happy long term within