Our partner is a long-established international charity working to offer access to sustainable livelihoods to marginalised and vulnerable people. They are seeking an all-round Finance Manager to fulfil their accounting, financial management and reporting requirements.
Have you got the right qualifications and skills for this job Find out below, and hit apply to be considered.
- Produce the quarterly and annual management accounts, and produce and update the cashflow forecasts.
- Responsible for the project financial monitoring and reporting, working with partners to ensure that they have proper controls and procedures in place, and meeting donor compliance and reporting requirements.
- Prepare the year-end statutory accounts, and prepare for the external audit, acting as the main point of contact for the auditors.
- Oversight of cash and bank, including reconciling expense claims, cash payments and bank accounts on a monthly basis; and international transfers on a regular basis.
- Responsible for payroll, including meeting the tax and pension requirements.
- Support the trustees and senior leadership in strategic planning, and in continuous development of controls and financial systems.
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant with experience of creating and implementing internal controls and procedures, budget setting, producing management accounts, year-end accounts, and reporting. Experience of doing so within a charitable setting, and knowledge of charity SORP is desirable.
- Strong IT skills, including advanced MSExcel skills
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written - and culturally sensitive, able to work with staff and stakeholders in the UK and overseas.
- Flexible, able to manage a varied workload.
They are open to considering candidates being entirely home-based. This is a part-time role, requiring 2.5 - 3 days/week commitment. Candidates are being considered on a rolling basis, and therefore early applications are encouraged.