Digiterre is a software and data engineering consultancy that enables technological and organisational transformation for many of the world’s leading organisations - be they commodity or energy traders, banks or investment managers, digital disruptors or public sector providers. We envisage, design and deliver software and data engineering solutions that users want, need and love to use. We achieve “Agility. At Greater Velocity” because we care about taking ownership for solving the toughest technical challenges and creating outstanding outcomes. As a consequence of this approach, we typically deliver high-risk, high-profile and time-constrained projects in less time than competitors, often significantly so.
Digiterre has won at least ten different industry awards including Best MiFID II Solution – Trade and Transaction Reporting awarded by HFM European Hedge Fund Services.
Our working culture is highly collaborative, consultative, and respectful. We fully understand our client’s needs as they evolve through the development lifecycle and use modern tools, methodologies, and technologies to enable us to work closely with in-house experts, and their end users, to maximise the benefits to all involved.
We are looking for a part time CISO/ Cyber Security Analyst to join our internal infrastructure team and implement and maintain our security systems. You will be responsible for preventing unauthorized access to our data and responding to privacy breaches. In this role, you should be knowledgeable about security frameworks and systems.
If you’re also a problem-solver and quick decision-maker, we’d like to meet you. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure is well-protected.
- Analyze IT specifications to assess security risks
- Design and implement safety measures and data recovery plans
- Install, configure and upgrade security software (e.g. antivirus programs)
- Secure networks through firewalls, password protection and other systems
- Inspect hardware for vulnerable points of access
- Monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to IT teams
- Act on privacy breaches and malware threats
- Serve as a security expert and conduct trainings when needed
- Draft policies and guidelines
- Proven experience as a Computer Security Specialist
- Programming skills are desirable, but not essential
- frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies
- Knowledge of patch management, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems (e.g. TippingPoint)
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL/ TLS)
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Decision-making skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field; professional certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+, CISSP) is a plus
This is a part time opportunity.
The selection process
Selected candidates will undergo an initial phone screen followed by a technically focused remote selection process with potential peers and leadership.
At Digiterre, we value
Team Understanding that the best outcomes are created by highly professional, high performance teams working together to deliver the agreed outcomes.
Ownership Expressing a dependable ‘can-do’ attitude. We do whatever it takes to deliver a complete solution to a problem, on time on and within budget. We own the issues, not just the story.
Transparency Actively communicating all the time. We are open and approachable in our dealings with clients and with each other. We appreciate others’ perspectives.
Expertise Being highly professional at all times, displaying strong domain knowledge that is focused on solving clients’ business problems. Having the pragmatism and experience to propose multiple solutions and working with the client to select the best option.
Motivation Being driven to deliver innovative, best of breed solutions that meet the clients’ needs.