We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 92,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honoured to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
We are looking for a Part Time Client Accountant to join our Client Financial Solutions team based in Norwich.
What this job involves
- Production of monthly/quarterly reporting to clients (incl Trial Balance & VAT reports).
- Completion of statutory & regulatory reporting to HMRC & Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Creation of ad hoc reports to surveyors, solicitors as required.
Maintain Financial Controls
- Monitoring of key performance indicators on client portfolio and taking ownership for timely resolution of any issues.
- Timely and accurate completion of various control account reconciliations
- Monitoring of funding levels.
- Ensure any amounts rechargeable to clients and tenants are recharged to agreed timelines.
- Performance of other controls as governed by our accredited control framework.
- Attend regular meetings with finance and surveyors as needed to resolve issues and ensure client needs are met.
- Work with Accounts Administrators to manage workload effectively.
- Build strong working relationships with portfolio finance team, surveyors and other related teams.
- Support senior management in creating an industry leading Client Accounts team, which is considered a 'Centre of Excellence’ both internally and externally.
Ad Hoc Issues
- Co-ordinate the resolution of day to day queries from clients & tenants.
- Support the transition of properties and clients into and out of the portfolio.
- Perform any other accounting duties as needed in support of the property portfolio.
Desired skills and experience for this job
- Good bookkeeping skills
- Strong Excel skills, (incl. working knowledge of pivot tables & V-Lookup tables).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure, multi-task and effectively prioritise.
- Organised, with attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to use own initiative to resolve day to day issues.
- AAT Qualified
- Working towards a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required and knowledge of Client Systems (Yardi/MRI/Horizon) would be advantageous.
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!