Our client is a highly regarded and creative SME company, who supply innovative consumer products. Well established, with over 20 years of trading history, they are now seeking a suitably qualified individual, to provide Financial Management within the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will assume responsibility for producing accurate financial reporting, including monthly management accounts. You will also be responsible for all of the day to day accounting processes, supported by one other member of staff in the department.
This is a part-time position (approx' 30 hours per week), with some flexibility for working hours and location. The office is rurally based, so you will need your own transport.
Key accountabilities include:
- Supporting the Director with all day to day accounting work for the business.
- Producing accurate cash flow forecasts and management reports.
- Maintaining strong financial controls within the business and supporting other departments as required.
- Managing the bank, reconciliations, cash flow, debtors and creditors
- Reconciling retail payments from telephone and ecommerce channels
- General accounting duties
- Oversee and support an Accounts Assistant
- Any other ad-hoc reporting as required.
Skills & Experience required:
- Previous experience in a broad accounting role, ideally within SME businesses.
- Qualified to at least AAT or equivalent, ideally part-qualified in CIMA/ACCA.
- Experienced user of Sage accounting software
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel.
- Some prior staff management experience
- Good team player with high level of communication
- Driving license and own transport required, due to location of the office.
Our client is looking to hire into this position as soon as possible, so if you feel that you have the experience that they are looking for and you're seeking a varied, interesting role with a well established, ambitious company, then please contact us today.