We're excited to offer this new role within our close-knit friendly team based in Melksham, Wiltshire. Ideally we're looking for 2 part-time candidates who will job share the role.
What is the purpose of the role?
This new role will bring consistency to our client enquiry process and drive the lead nurture process to increase the percentage of new enquiries converting to clients. From the initial enquiry right the way through to assessment, you’ll be the key contact for the potential client and be responsible for giving a great first impression.
The role holder will be dedicated to ensuring we have timely, relevant, empathetic, compassionate and helpful interactions with the potential new clients to guide them through their decision-making journey. You’ll be instrumental in reassuring them that we’ll do the right thing, best job we can and show we care as we build a collaborative partnership to support our clients and their families to continue living happily, confidently, safely and independently at home.
What will be your roles and responsibilities?
- Answering all calls coming into the office including new enquiries. You will need to answer questions where possible or direct them to the most appropriate team member. The calls will be a mix of new enquiries, existing clients, carers and others.
- Being the first point of contact for all our client enquiries – answering the main enquiry telephone line as well as responding to enquiry emails, social media messages, website live chat messages and website ‘book a call’ enquiries.
- Responsible for managing new client enquiries from initial call/email/message right through to conversion. Ensuring they have all the information they need to make an informed decision and returning calls/emails/messages in a timely and friendly manner to nurture the enquiries to ultimately lead to conversion.
- Logging all enquiries and progression effectively on our systems so the team have visibility of the pipeline and progression towards company targets.
- Liaising and working with our Planners and Recruitment Coordinator to ensure we’re able to take on new packages and have the relevant pipeline of carers and clients coming on board in order to grow the business.
- Dealing with other general and office administration tasks including managing stock levels of any new client marketing materials (e.g., brochures, guides). Including being proactive in proposing additional materials/resources that may be useful for new potential clients to support their decision making and increase conversion.
- Any other appropriate tasks as required relating to new potential clients.
- As this is a new role there will be opportunities to work with your manager and the team to shape the role and really make it your own.
- The culture at Abney & Baker is open and supportive. All members of the team are responsible for actively keeping our culture alive.
Why is the role important?
You’ll be the first person our potential clients/their next of kin speak to. You’ll be responsible for all Abney & Baker new client enquiries – answering the initial enquiry and taking accountability for following it through to completion.
By having a dedicated team member for new enquiries, we’re ensuring no opportunities are missed and we’re providing the best customer service possible to our potential clients from the first touchpoint with us.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Honesty and integrity in everything you do.
- Calm, reassuring, empathetic, warm & authentic.
- Passionate about providing fantastic levels of service of our potential new clients.
- Commitment to doing the best you can, exceeding expectations and being pro-active.
- Team player and good communicator – willing to support others and to be supported.
- Enthusiastic whilst being understanding of the often-sensitive nature of care.
- Positive, can-do attitude - willing to get stuck in, roll your sleeves up and driven to move the business forward by exceeding conversion targets.
- Growth mindset – a desire to learn and grow in the role.
What experience are we looking for?
- Experience within a customer service or client services role where there are a number of people involved in the decision making and there is a need to be empathetic to the nature of the service.
- Some experience or understanding of the care environment/sector would be advantageous but not essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a confidence in your abilities and attention to detail.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and generally computer literate as we use Teams and Workplace as our key internal communication channels.
What benefits do we offer?
- 28 days holidays pro rata
- Profit share scheme
- Company pension
- Store discounts
- Company events
- Referral scheme
- Close-knit, family-feel supportive team
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
We are ideally looking for 2 part-time candidates who would work closely together but on separate days of the week. Office hours are 9.00am-5.00pm and the hours would be split as outlined below:
19 hours per candidate.
Role 1: Mon 9am-5pm, Tuesday 9am-5pm, Wednesday 9am-1pm
Role 2: Wednesday 1pm-5pm, Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-5pm
Who is Abney & Baker?
We're an award-winning care at home company that provides care and support across Bath and North East Somerset and West Wiltshire. Our support enables our clients to continue living happily, safely, confidently, and independently in the comfort of their own home.
With Abney & Baker, we set out to build a care company that does things differently; one that values and cares for its team members as much as it does for its clients. We’re a close-knit team that support each other. From the first day, we’ve put treating people right at the heart of every decision we make and that continues to be a core focus for us – whether it’s clients, carers or other team members. We’re here to make lives better for all.
- Do the right thing
- Do the best job I can
- Show everyone I care
We'd love to hear from you so if you're interested do apply or get in touch if you have any questions.