If you haven't heard of us, we're the world's only neighbour-to-neighbour food sharing app, and we've been featured on BBC, the Guardian, on Jamie & Jimmy's Friday Night Feast, and in publications all over the world. Not to brag but we've also won countless awards and we get so much good publicity because what we are doing is so obvious and so important.
Here at OLIO, we're tackling the massive global problems of:
- Food waste
- Social isolation
- Plastic waste
... all wrapped up into a neat device held in your very palm. Simply put, our mission is to unlock the value of food which would otherwise have gone to waste (and 'value' is much more than just monetary).
OLIO isn't just about our 2.4+ million users sharing peer-2-peer but we also have over 50k volunteers who need to be supported through the lifecycle of their volunteering journey. We've also started advertising in and around London after years of successful organic growth and are now starting to see massive growth in our user base, and we’re starting to see hockey-stick style growth!
Join our team!
In order to accelerate OLIO to its next level in growth and impact, we are recruiting for a part-time Designer (20 hours per week) which will include product design. You will report Michael Barsties, Head of the Volunteer Programme with a dotted reporting line into Seongah Ha, Product Designer, and Ben Cullen, Marketing Manager.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- UI and UX OLIO Volunteer Hub (web based), in Google’s Material Design
- Other marketing assets (emails, flyers, posters, social media content)
- Time will be split: 50% Volunteer Hub and 50% marketing assets
- Undertaking user research and reviewing engagement data to ensure a user-centric design process
- Designing, wireframes and mock-ups of simple, engaging experiences for our volunteers
- Liaising with the development & product stakeholders to get feedback on, and buy-in for, your proposed designs
- Delivering detailed, pixel perfect assets and specs to our developers
- Continuously think about how to improve the user experience across our products
- Keeping up to date with the latest guidelines and trends for mobile design
Once you have proven yourself you will have great freedom and autonomy, coupled with an enormous opportunity for personal development. All of our roles are remote working roles, however for London based team members there is the ability to co-work as well. We live for our mission, but like to have fun along the way!
Is this you?
Our ideal candidate will first and foremost be as passionate about our mission as we are! In addition to this, you will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience in user interfaces is essential
- Experience in Materialise design is preferred
- Expert knowledge in user experience principles, graphic design and & responsive web standards
- Strong visual design skills evidenced by examples of where you’ve created pixel-perfectconsumer products
- Recognise the value of getting an MVP into the market and learning and iterating from there
- Passion for user research and metrics that track product successes
- Expert level in Sketch/Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in creating interactive prototypes (ideally Marvel or Invision)
- Experience creating navigation and page layout/templates, functional design, iconography, look and feel and style guides
- An eye for detail
And all OLIO team members share these attributes:
- A self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Resourceful and creative
- Thorough, but able to move quickly and decisively
- A ruthless ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Fun to work with
How to apply:
Please send your CV, a link to your portfolio, and covering email explaining why you are the right person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line – Application: Part-time Product Designer