Our client, a social enterprise commercial property business, providing affordable workspace in and around SE London, is looking for an exeperienced finance professional to join their small team. The business is a true lifestyle business, and offers the opportunity to continue to do interesting, valuable work, and still have time for the other important things in your life. The role is 3 days p/w, but there is great flexibility around how that is structured (school hours are possible, for example). The role will largely be office based (in Greenwich) - there is some scope for working from home for at least some of the time.
This is a hands on and broad role, which will work closely with the managing director, as well as the property management team, to manage and lead all financial matters.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintain accounting records and manual cash books - knowledge of Sage/XERO will be useful
- Cash Flow and Profit & Loss Projections
- Preparation of Annual Accounts (audited externally annually)
- Company Secretarial Duties, including board meeting minutes
- Supplier management and cash flow oversight
- Set up Direct Debit collection monthly starting point being an excel spreadsheet
- Maintain DD system including set up of new instructions
- Responsibilty for financial management of properties - eg issuing monthly/ quarterly rent invoices, new tenant documentation
- Issue of monthly and quarterly rent invoices
- Working closely with the Property Manager to cover all financial aspects as necessary eg. utilities, calculation of periodic recharges
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant, with the ability to operate independently and flexibly. They will have excellent attention to detail and be motivated by working as part of a small values-driven team. They will be hands on, and able to multi-task across a variety of areas, covering ad hoc queries as they arise.