Part Time Finance Manager | Mon - Fri (27.5 hours) | £41,000 - £45,500pa FTE | 20% non-contributory pension
Before applying for this role, please read the following information about this opportunity found below.
Our client is a long-established family-owned business in the Construction sector. They are seeking to hire an experienced Accountant/ Finance Manager. The role will suit an experienced Accountant looking for a standalone hands-on role running the accounting function. The ideal candidate will have proven experience within an SME owner managed business and ideally previous experience working in Construction. The role is based at their Head Office near Stroud, reporting to the Managing Director.
- A challenging and hands-on role, responsibilities will be broad and will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring robust control mechanisms are implemented and maintained across both businesses.
- Undertaking development viability appraisals and advising senior management.
- Undertaking analytical work as required by senior management team to support strategic decision making.
- Overseeing and managing the day-to-day accounting function including: -
o Creating cash flow forecasting models to ensure accuracy and completeness and reporting as part of monthly management reporting pack.
o Reviewing monthly management accounts and preparing variance analysis for reporting to senior management team.
o Reviewing and approving monthly payroll runs and supplier payment runs.
o Ensuring all statutory submissions are completed and submitted on time.
o Management Accounting
o Balance sheet reconciliations
o Bank reconciliations
o Main point of contact for external audit
o Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
o Cash flow forecasting
- Management of small admin team
- Fully qualified or qualified by experience.
- Previous experience in Construction industry ideal.
- Strong technical accounting experience including WIP’s.
- Strong commercial acumen and strategic business knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade and influence.
- Ability to implement, improve and change processes as required to increase efficiency of the accounting function of the team.
- Committed, enthusiastic and able to use initiative to drive the business forward.
- Competent with Sage 50, Microsoft Office, particularly advanced Excel and financial modelling & analysis.
- Able to create statutory accounts.
- Produced budgets up to multi-millions.
- Experienced in running an annual audit.
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
- Strong skills in organizing, planning and attention to detail.
- Previous experience in the construction sector highly desirable.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9.30 - 3pm hours a week.
Further information, please contact Rhian Mountjoy