Keen to secure a role as the number one in finance for a local charity? Could you confidently business partner with Director level stakeholders and provide sound financial advice to influence strategic decision making? Are you a fully qualified accountancy professional seeking a role where you can work flexibly?
If yes, look no further!
Robertson Bell are proud to be partnering with this rapidly growing charity in their search for a Finance Manager to join their team on a permanent basis for either two or three days per week. This inspiring charity exist to provide vital support to the local community and this Finance Manager role holds a critical position as a key member of the Senior Manager Team. You will be responsible for all things finance, including managing a small team and providing strategic advice to the Board.
The key duties and responsibilities of this Finance Manager role are as follows:
- Full responsibility for the day-to-day management of the finance department, overseeing the work of a junior member of staff and getting stuck into the detail as required.
- Take the lead on the annual budget setting process and present it to the Board for approval.
- Act as the finance subject matter expert in the development of the charity’s new long-term financial plan.
- Business partner with departmental Directors to provide sound financial advice to influence decision making and help them to manage their budgets.
- Take the lead in the production of the monthly management accounts, preparing supporting commentaries and investigating any variances as necessary.
- Play a leading role in the preparation of the statutory accounts and act as a key contact for the External Auditors at year end.
This Part-Time Finance Manager role will be offered on a remote basis initially, but you can expect to work flexibly throughout the duration of the role although the line manager has a preference for applicants to live within a commutable distance from their offices.
The successful candidate will have:
- Fully qualified as an accountancy professional.
- Previous experience operating at a similar seniority level previously.
- Ideally, experience managing and developing a small team of finance professionals, but this is by no means essential.
- Brilliant communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience of both management and statutory accounting.
If you are interested, please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewed daily and my client is keen to schedule interviews ASAP.