Part Time Finance Manager
Check you match the skill requirements for this role, as well as associated experience, then apply with your CV below.
25 Hours per Week
Up to £45,000 (pro rata)
Are you a talented qualified accountant interested in a part time role that offers progression?
Interested in joining a growing company and head up their small finance team?
Our client is an established and ambitious business that has been experiencing steady growth in recent years. They are now looking to recruit an experienced accountant to head up their finance team and report directly to the Managing Director.
The company is looking for an individual to work 5 hours per day, 5 days per week but as the company continues to grow, you will be able to increase hours and levels of responsibility.
This really is a great opportunity for a driven individual who is looking for progression within a growing business!
The company is looking for somebody who displays all of the characteristics detailed below:
Committed, Resilient, Ambitious, Self-Starter, Positive, Display Initiative, Team Player, Possess a can do attitude, Commercially Minded, Dedicated and a Qualified Accountant.
Most importantly and above all else, they need you to be a committed team player who will fit into their team seamlessly.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts
- Preparation of monthly reporting information for Managing Director
- Oversee, Manage and lead finance function
- Development of the finance team personnel
- Oversee and manage deliverables of sales and purchase ledger administrators
- Responsibility for debtor/creditor control
- Daily focus on cash balances and cash flow management
- Oversee and responsible for accurate Payroll processing to deadlines
- Authorisation of supplier payments
- Cost control & variance analysis with commentary of drivers in deviation of company cost profile
- Management of P&L and Balance Sheet
- Oversee preparation and submission of accurate VAT and Compliance returns to deadlines
- Preparation of year end accounts and close process to deadlines
- Responsibility for the integrity, accuracy and development of the businesses financial IT systems
- Continuous development and improvement of systems, process and procedures across finance function in strive to achieve best practice
* Must have experience of working within an SME finance environment and understand the unique challenges this brings.
* Possess a recognised chartered qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.