28 days ago
Great opportunity for a Qualified (or Qualified by experience) Accountant to join a profitable £7 million turnover SME with clear growth plans on a part-time basis. The business is looking for a hands on Finance Manager (supported by a team of 2) who will support the current MD in developing the function.
Offering up to £45,000 FTE + 25 Days Holiday (pro rata) + 5% Pension + further benefits.
One of the key objectives is to create a framework that enables future growth. The environment complements an individual who can work autonomously and manage their own time and responsibilities as well as being innovative and able to deliver new ideas. Sitting within the Senior Management Team, this role offers high-level exposure and visibility across the business.
This position involves a broad spectrum of operational responsibilities and requires a wide range of knowledge and experience. It also requires an 'all hands to the pump' and 'no job is beneath you’ attitude borne of the experience of working in SMEs.
The Company’s focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of their employees. Their culture fosters a laid-back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach.
The position is part–time (c30) hours per week, with flexibility over 5 or 4 days, the current Finance Manager works 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday.
The day to day…
- Oversee month-end procedures including general ledger postings, prepayments, accruals and other month end adjustments
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Work with the Managing Director to prepare the Annual Financial Plan (Budget, P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Forecast).
- Cost analysis and activities to review and increase business efficiency
- Oversee corporation tax, VAT, PAYE and Companies House returns
- Year End Accounts preparation including statutory accounts and liaison with external auditors
- Qualified Accountant ACA / ACCA / CIMA or Qualified by Experience
- This is a broad role for a candidate with similarly broad experience covering Financial Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Tax, VAT, Audit and Payroll
- This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for an interesting and broad role coupled with flexibility
Jobs you may have applied for? Part Time Financial Controller, Part time Finance Manager, Part Time Management Accountant.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.