Part Time Finance Manager
Circa 15-20 hours per week; 3 days or spread out over the week
Salary £30,000-35,000pa PR
A flourishing, entrepreneurial SME business based in the heart of Brighton is currently seeking a technically competent and commercially minded Accountant to join their business in the newly created role of part time Finance Manager.
Our client is a privately owned enterprise which is building on several years of continued growth and success. They have a health and expanding customer base, several recent industry awards under their belt, and great ambition for the future. Plus, a very attractive product and brand which candidates should find easy to buy-in to. They’re an environmentally friendly organisation and ideally looking for someone who shares this value.
You would report directly to the MD / business owner and be the sole finance person for the company at present. This is a pivotal role for the company and opportunity to add real value by assisting the MD to successfully steer the company and put in place the right financial framework to support their continued growth.
- Developing the financial control framework to meet evolving business needs and providing financial control advice to other team members
- Producing various monthly and quarterly analyses to ensure effective financial control over the sales invoicing process
- Implementing and monitoring relevant customer credit limits
- Advising on the implications of changes to customs processes, VAT regulations, and accounting principles
- Preparing monthly EC sales lists and quarterly VAT returns for submission to HMRC
- Generating year-end adjustments and supplying external accountants with required schedules to support the statutory accounts process
- Ensuring effective decision making is supported by the production of appropriate management information
- Producing monthly analysis of income from various sales channels
- Producing monthly P&L forecast
- Ad hoc information as required
- Processing, validating and authorising supplier invoices on Xero
- Reviewing and authorising employee expense claims submitted
- Supplier invoice queries and statements
- Generating scheduled bank payment runs and ad hoc payments
- Reconciling payments to Xero generated bank entries
- Bank to Xero reconciliation, maintenance of bank feeds, and intra account transfers
- Existing experience in a similar role, ideally in an SME setting and export / import business including knowledge of customs processes and related VAT requirements
- Demonstrable knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and VAT regulations
- IT savvy with advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP and other formula)
- Experience of transaction processing using web-based accounting system such as Xero
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organised, driven, self-sufficient, and proactive
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.