Part-Time Finance Manager 3/4 days | Biotech Start-Up | Cambridge | £45,000 FTE
I am recruiting a part-time Finance Manager on behalf of a growing Biotech based in Cambridge. This start-up are undertaking very exciting research and will be developing a commercial line of products in the near future.
They are looking for someone who can join permanently on a part-time basis working between 25-30 hours a week. You will report into the Finance Director and be responsible for day to day Finance including:
- Supplier Ledger - invoice processing (25 max a week), supplier payments
- Payroll - Providing payroll data to external payroll provider
- Management Accounts - Month-end, posting accruals
- Train members on the correct procedures of purchasing system for buying laboratory and office equipment
- Statutory reporting
- Supporting the production of board packs
- The submission of R&D tax credits
- Ad-hoc office management tasks i.e. agreeing new terms on lease of premises
This business are a friendly and collaborative group of people and are looking for a positive, approachable individual to join the team. This role would suit someone with experience of managing the finances for a small business and can work under their own devices. My client is really keen to offer this opportunity to candidates with personal commitments that restrict them from working full-time. It would also suit someone looking to maybe re-balance their personal/professional life.
During Covid, in order to bond with the team you will work in the office once a week. Post-Covid you will transition into work in the office at least 2 days a week with flexibility on which days you choose to work from home.
Requirements - (What we'd like to see)
- PQ Accountant/QBE minimum
- Experience of management accounts, statutory reporting and payroll
- Small business experience
- Local proximity to Cambridge
- Prior experience working for a Biotech start up
- R&D Tax Credit experience
- Immediately available
Please check the essential requirements before applying. Please contact me at email@example.com for more information.