Entice Energy are a small new entrant energy supplier based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire but supplying homes with gas and electricity across the country.
We are recruiting for an experienced Finance Manager to work alongside the company directors and to take full control of the finance function. The role includes the day to day finance administration right through to preparing management accounts and supporting the MD in financial projections as well as liasing with investors and stakeholders on the financial affairs of the company.
This is a key role for the company and would suit somebody with previouse finance manager experience from a corporate background who is ambitious and relishes a challenge in their career but also desires flexibility and part-time hours to fit in with their home lives and other commitments. We are very happy for candidates to work predominantly remotely but will require presence in the office on a regular basis for meetings and to work closely with the CEO where necessary.
- Developing the internal finance function from the ground up - embedding new processes and procedures including the month-end reporting process using SAGE 50 accounting software
- Developing and maintaining monthly management accounts for directors, company investors and major creditors.
- Prepare and submit accounts to external accountants and support them to produce accurate end annual statutory accounts.
- Hands on management of transactional finance - including purchase ledger
- Ensuring the accurate processing of the monthly payroll
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Submitting the VAT return to HMRC monthly
- Processing supplier payments
- Ad hoc financial analysis on large data sets.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Accountant with a recognised industry qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- A minimum of 2 years experience managing the full finance function of a business.
- Minimum 2 years of SAGE 50 Experience
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail and ability to understand new and sometimes complex processess.
- Energy Supplier Experience or experience within similar complex industries would be an advantage