This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing SME and stamp your mark on the accounting function!
Our client is a technology consulting and solutions provider with 30 employees and offices in London. As the business continues to grow, they need your expertise to support the owners with accounting processes that give commercial information on an accurate and timely basis.
Accounts are presently done on Xero (sales ledger and purchase ledger) and annual accounts are produced externally.
This opportunity is for someone who loves to put processes and structure in place and who also enjoys being hands on.
Key tasks include:
- reviewing Xero and ensuring that the current chart of accounts is in a correct format
- putting in place monthly management accounts and creating a budgeting and forecasting process
- producing annual financial accounts
- reviewing purchase orders, general billings and AMEX expenses (supervising one administration person to assist in the process).
- reducing the number of days on month end reporting.
Most importantly the Finance Manager will work closely with the two business owners to provide value added commercial information to help them make strategic business decisions.
The position is for three days a week - this might be 3 full days or could be 3 days spread over 4. The role will be predominately based in the office although there is some flexibility for occasional working from home, particularly once accounts are in a good shape and running confidently.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a broad range of accounting skills including financial and management accounting
- a can-do proactive attitude
- be happy to be hands on
- proven experience of process improvement and refining accounting procedures