Well established private equity firm based in the heart of Knightsbridge is looking to hire a part-time Financial Accountant to the team.
The role will likely be 2-3 days a week with the salary pro-rata. It's an amazing firm focussed on providing capital to the very best and entrepreneurial businesses in the lower mid-market. We've worked with the firm for over 10 years and as such know them well; they are a revered employer, known for their pioneering approach to work/life balance and flexibility; they boast a fantastic, family feel culture.
The role is broad, diverse and an excellent opportunity to join one of London's very best private equity houses. The role works closely with the FD and at times, the founding partner. A logical, commercially driven candidate with strong attention to detail and numbers will be the ideal candidate.
Reporting responsibilities include:
- Input purchase invoices on SAGE
- Setting up payment of invoices
- Posting directors fees/arrangement fees on SAGE. Monitor receipt of cash
- Deferred income calculation, accruals/prepayments, fixed assets journals
- Preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts for ACP
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts (with help and review from FD)
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Bank account reconciliations and monitoring of bank accounts/ transfers between accounts
- Bank account reconciliations
- Enter invoices on SAGE
- Accruals and prepayments
- Posting drawdowns and distributions on SAGE
- Preparation of quarterly Fund accounts on SAGE and excel (2007 and 2008)
- Preparation of quarterly LP statements to be sent out with accounts
- Roll quarterly portfolio summaries - valuations, journals, Track record, IRR sheet
- Post investment level journals to SAGE/excel accounts
- Monitor receipt of cash
- Provide K-1 information to auditors
- Assist with responding to LP queries
As mentioned, this is a rare opportunity for someone seeking part-time work within the private equity space. If you have prior fund management experience, are a qualified accountant and looking for a part-time position, this is one of the best roles to consider. The salary is competitive and will include an annual discretionary bonus. We are looking to set-up interviews via video conference ASAP so please do not hesitate to apply.