Thomas Murray is a growing organisation that is seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join on an initial part-time basis:
- 25 hours per week - ideally over five days between 9am and 3pm;
- Combination of office (Hammersmith HQ) and remote working considered; and
- 12 month contract initially but has the potential to become permanent.
Thomas Murray (https://thomasmurray.com/) provides Third Party Risk Management services to the global financial sector via three divisions:
- Data, Monitoring and Analytics: captures, processes and analyses intra-day data from banks, financial market infrastructures and capital markets, as well as providing advisory services. Clients include banks, funds and asset owners across the world.
- Technology (a FinTech unit): provides data management technology to major financial institutions to facilitate counterparty monitoring and risk management; and
- Regulatory Solutions (a RegTech unit): which combines the data and software of the other two divisions to create specific solutions for our clients’ regulatory needs.
This is a newly created role reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The group continues to grow and is becoming more complex with the recent creation of two joint ventures (UK and Luxembourg). It is now time to add additional qualified accounting resource into the finance team to support this growth. The role will oversee the management of the Finance Assistant and various overseas outsourced accounting providers. It is envisaged that up to 50% of the role will be focused on supporting the CFO with projects such as helping to improve the quality of management information and rationalise the group structure.
The shareholders of Thomas Murray also hold investments in a number of other initiatives including an ethical online fashion brand, Katharine Hamnett (https://katharinehamnett.com/). The Financial Controller role will be active across the portfolio of companies.
- Preparation of consolidated management accounts (including overseas entities and investments with minority interests) and ad-hoc reports, monthly, quarterly and annually;
- Inventory accounting and revenue recognition;
- Oversee accounting operations including billings, A/R, A/P and treasury performed by the Finance Assistant;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Preparation of statutory accounts;
- Liaise with external auditors;
- Liaise with payroll bureaus to administer monthly payrolls;
- Responsible for all tax issues (VAT, PAYE, Corporation Tax, R&D tax credit claims);
- Liaise with tax advisors to finalise and file Corporation Tax returns;
- Support the CFO in developing budgets and financial plans for the company; and
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), capable of working proactively and autonomously;
- Excellent communication in dealing with external and internal stakeholders plus customers;
- Proven work experience as a Financial Controller within an SME.