Looking for your next career step in a fast-changing business on a part-time basis that fits with your family?
We believe providing exceptional products and incredible service to the UK business market; providing communications, connectivity and IoT services to our happy customers who love us for our straight talking, honest approach, our in-depth technical know-how and our five-star service.
Predominantly based at our Kingsclere office, you will report directly to our Managing Director, and work closely with our founders, as you take on day to day responsibility for professionalising processes alongside delivery of many aspects of financial controls, reporting and planning. Our focus is both to grow the business organically and also to acquire businesses that fit our future strategy. You will be heavily involved in both organic and acquisition aspects.
This will be the perfect job for you if you’re looking to develop in a fast-paced environment, with a company that’s keen to professionalise its systems and grow both organically and via acquisitions. You’ll be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified and have gained real-world experience, as well as being dynamic and keen to make a difference.
We are looking for someone to join us for three days per week. We can be flexible in terms of working patterns for the right candidate.
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Management accounting
- Financial accounting and maintenance of appropriate levels of controls within the business
- Preparation of financial reporting and revenue recognition for recurring and one-off revenues
- Under guidance of the Board preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Invoicing, including usage-based billing processes and loyalty credits
- Financial systems and process management and development
- Oversee accounts payable, and carry out supplier and ad-hoc payment processing
- Ensuring strong cash management processes including reconciliations and oversight of daily transaction processing and rolling cash forecasts
- Audit preparation and support.
- Preparation of VAT and payroll tax returns.
- Under guidance of the Board, execute a plan to manage changes to accounting processes and support the core business in the continual improvement of processes and controls
- Support our commercial decisions with business case preparation and analysis
At DRC we stand up and stand out. To be brilliant at this role you will have experience of managing and improving financial systems. Knowledge of Sage, together with very strong Excel skills and an understanding of data and reporting is essential. Ideally experience of integrating Sage with CRMs and other business systems, and implementation of new business systems would be advantageous.
So, if you’re an ambitious finance professional, with an analytical mind and keen attention to detail, who’s also a good relationship builder and team player, we’d love to hear from you. If you’ve worked in a telecoms or tech business that’s a big plus, but if you haven’t and you’re the right person with a real interest in what we do, then that’s okay too.
If you do want to join the team, you can expect a salary of £55k pro rata, staff benefits and a very warm welcome.