This role is a part time, on site role in Glasgow. Starting potentially two days a week and then dropping to one day a week ongoing. Working with our client and managing a team of four in the finance function. An exciting opportunity for someone with projects experience to lead a software conversion to Xero and create & implement new processes to get the client's finance function working efficiently.
Read all the information about this opportunity carefully, then use the application button below to send your CV and application.
Rate: £30 per hour
Who we are
We began in 2007 and we’ve been rapidly expanding ever since. We now have 70+ finance professionals and 100+ clients who we work with every week and month.
- We’re a team of commercially-minded and experienced finance professionals servicing clients in London, Surrey, Sussex, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, the Midlands and the North
- We are rapidly expanding, with our team of Business Partners launching in new regions.
- We are part of a wider family (the Liberti group) of companies providing part-time professionals in finance, HR, IT and marketing. Liberti is active across the UK and in 17 other countries globally.
We offer portfolio working to part time finance professionals - other roles may also become available in the area and be offered to you once you come onboard with us. Working portfolio means you have income from more than one client, providing reassurance that you are not dependant on one source for all your income - good news given recent times, which have seen the SME market become more and more volatile and which will become even more challenging over the next few years.
Our purpose is to help SME business owners be more successful and feel happier, and we do this by professionalising their accounting function; enabling them to access, and implement, accounting best practice and work with the best finance people - streamlining their accounting process and preparing and explaining financial information that positively impacts profit and cashflow.
Working portfolio with YRH Finance Team means you’ll be able to work with amazing clients who really value the work you do with them. You’ll be part of a team of finance professionals that brings a sense of togetherness and shared insights, and you’ll be able to access our training and personal development that means you’ll stay relevant in a challenging and quickly evolving and competitive market. And not to mention we find the clients - which helps you build a sustainable and steady income whilst allowing you to work flexibly. (P.S., we’re not a franchise, temp or recruitment agency!!)
The ideal candidate:
- You are available immediately
- You are a qualified and experienced Financial Controller, who has had experience in managing a finance team of 2 or more
- You are experienced in working on a number of different projects and managing WIP
- You are proficient in bookkeeping, cashflow, forecasting, budgeting, helping client define the right KPIs and clearly presenting them, system & process improvements and implementations, balance sheet/control account reconciliations and are able to produce a full set of management accounts and present and explain them at board level
- You have at least 1 day a week available to work with our client onsite
- You are an expert in Xero and knowledge of Sage One/Sage Business Cloud Accounting
- You have experience developing systems (ERP)
- You are a proficient Excel user (specifically in: pivot tables, modelling, sumif and vlookup formulas)
- You can work quickly AND accurately, as well as being highly organised and focussed
- You want to be part of an organisation that is committed to helping SME business owners be more successful and feel happier
- You have good written and oral English language skills and can communicate clearly and effectively
- You are happy to deliver the work our way and to adapt your normal practice to complete the work the way we train you to
- You are confident, resourceful, take pride in your contribution, able to work to deadlines, well organised, calm and energetic
- Experience in the Construction sector is desirable, but not essential
If this role sounds like you, and you want to work with established and fast growing businesses in an area of finance that goes beyond compliance, then we look forward to hearing from you and hopefully welcoming you into our growing team.
We are committed to equal opportunities.
Thank you for taking the time to read our advertisement.