Salary: £80-£100k Pro Rata.
Location: Home Working/Central London/Surrey
Part time Financial Controller/Head of Finance required for a rapidly expanding investment fund.
With investments spanning real estate, sports, and various alternative investments, my client has experienced significant recent growth and investment, and now requires a Financial Controller/Head of Finance to professionalise and develop the internal finance team.
With flexibility across working location, and even the number of days worked each week, this is an excellent opportunity to make the role your own, and has the potential to be full time in the near future (if desired).
Duties to include:
- Collaborate across all investments to align reporting, forecasting, financial systems and processes, as well as to standardise working practices.
- Develop consolidated reporting for the group.
- Develop Board reporting, M.I packs, Investor reporting, etc.
- Conduct regular reviews of investments and ensure clear and insightful performance reporting/analysis is produced.
- Ultimately ensure clear visibility across the group and all investments.
- Create efficient and effective methods for tracking financial data.
- Longer term, lead the project to bring finance in-house and end the requirement for external assistance.
- Continually develop and improve the controls environment, financial systems, management reporting, month end processes, etc.
- Coordinate and execute financial transactions and activities, such as bill payment, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Assist in the audit process by providing information and data as requested.
- Full responsibility for budgeting, financial planning, and forecasting.
- Create organised records and files to assist in tax preparation
- Ensure compliance with all statutory reporting requirements.
- Assist the Managing Partner and Board on a range of key projects.
- Qualified accountant.
- Proven ability to operate in a hands on manner, adding value across the finance/operations/commercial remit.
- Prior experience working within a group environment/similar (able to consolidate financial information and reporting from various entities/investments).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to add value via reporting, analysis, and business partnering.
- Prior experience of developing financial systems, controls, governance, reporting, etc.