22 days ago
Read on to fully understand what this job requires in terms of skills and experience. If you’re a good match, make an application.
The business has a strong track record of organic growth with an international client base spanning higher education, publishing, private sector & not for profit.
To compliment the level of expansion they are experiencing, they are looking to recruit a part time Financial Controller who can support them through there next phase of growth.
Offering up to &163;50,000 FTE &43; 25 Days Holiday (pro rata) &43; 5% Pension &43; DIS &43; further benefits. One of the key objectives is to create a framework that enables future growth.
The environment compliments a driven individual who is ambitious, innovative and able to deliver new ideas.
Sitting within the Senior Management team, this role offers high level exposure and visibility across the business.
The Company’s focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of their employees.
Their culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach.
Role Overview… The position is part–time (15) hours per week, with flexibility over 3 or 4 days and requires a qualified accountant with at least 5 years’ experience, ideally within a financial management position, including both strategic and operational financial management. As Financial Controller you will be working very closely with the MD and will play a critical role in ensuring the overall effective financial management/reporting and actively contribute towards the financial planning and strategic growth of the organisation. The day to day…
- Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of the management accounts and appropriate financial reports
- Managing and overseeing the preparation of all statutory returns, bookkeeping, reconciliations and financial compliance.
- Business Partnering; providing appropriate advice as and when required on business planning, policy setting, strategic decision making and financial forecasting, including financial planning, budgets and forecasting.
- Development and improvement of the accounting systems
- Working closely and proactively with the wider operational & commercial teams ensuring that the Finance Function becomes embedded in the business and provides value–add financial advice. The individual will also thrive in a collaborative environment as well as enjoy working in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating and demanding, yet supportive environment. The ever growing national footprint of the company will provide great potential for personal challenge and development. Your Experience
- Qualified Accountant ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Commercially experienced with demonstrable financial control experience and an expert user of accounting packages
- Able to produce and present financial and management accounts, reports and data for dissemination by non–finance stakeholders
- Experience of working in an SME is a must This is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre individual, looking for an interesting and challenging role coupled with flexibility.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.
Cherry Professional are recruiting for this opportunity on behalf of our client.