Part time Financial Controller for a Family Office based in central London
The ideal person for this role would be an experienced accountant looking a part time role (equivalent of 2 full days per week which can be spread over up to 5 days). They would have a financial accounting/reporting background, good technology skills (experience with Jet reports or equivalent advantageous), and a hands-on ‘can do’ approach.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Preparation of Principal’s Financial Reporting (Balance Sheet, P &L and underlying schedules) monthly. This requires collation of information from an accounting system (Navision). The process involves use jet reports.
- Monthly book keeping of investment movements in Navision.
- Monthly book keeping of business asset movements in Navision.
- Annual budget preparation by cost centre plus monthly review of actuals to budget
- Monthly depreciation journals in Navision
- Monthly FX revaluations in Navision
- Assist with cash flow monitoring and forecasting across 150+ Trust and personal multi-currency bank accounts for clean and tainted capital use.
- Maintaining cash records and bank reconciliations for various bank accounts on Navision.
- Responsibility for payments for the four entities maintained in excel
- Compiling accounts/audit packs for four entities on an annual basis and liaison with auditors
- Updating fixed asset databases/
- Preparing ad hoc financial reports as required
- Reviewing book keeping and bank reconciliations prepared by the accounting assistant for 150+ bank accounts in multiple currencies.
- Liaising with advisors including private banking contacts, lawyers and accountants
- Review of statutory accounts/tax returns prepared by third parties (occasional preparation of simple accounts in-house)
- General financial administration as required
- Reconciling personal equity and FX trades
- Adhoc financial analysis as required
- Competence in excel
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Common sense / ‘can do’ approach
- Proficient and well organised in a pressurised environment
- Ability to multi task, ensuring deadlines are met and tasks are followed through to completion
- Team player
- Open minded and flexible approach to new responsibilities and new ways of operating
- Good and adaptive communication skills
- A strong sense of values, including integrity, diplomacy, sensitivity and tolerance