Are you a qualified accountant who wishes to secure a part-time Financial Controller position to work around your home-life? Still utilising your hard-earned ACCA/CIMA qualification, this role offers a friendly and supportive environment working over 2 days per week on a 16 hour basis. Mondays is an essential day, however, you can choose what other day of the week to work.
This is a senior role with exposure to the Board and its shareholders. The Financial Controller will provide full accounting services, controlling the day to day running of the finance function.
Overseeing a small finance team, and reporting into 2 directors, your role would include:
- Day to day management and support of the Finance Team
- Full responsibility for month end, quarterly and annual reporting
- Management of cash balances and investments
- Preparation of annual budget and monthly variance reporting
- Attendance at company meetings as required by the Directors
- Liaison with Auditors to complete the year end statutory financial accounts
- Fixed asset register maintenance
- Overseeing payroll run
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Executive pension fund scheme administration
- Ad hoc duties as required from a small-medium sized business
The role would suit the following type of individual/skill-set:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Previous experience of working in an SME, understanding the need to support other members of the team when required
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and friendly disposition; supportive of their team
- Sage experience is a must (Sage1000 would be an advantage)
- Robust Excel skills
This business is well-established and holds a good reputation in its specialist field. The environment is welcoming and positive. As mentioned above, the hours worked would amount to 16 per week.
Our client is offering a competitive base salary on a pro rata basis:
16 hours: between £24-26,000 depending on experience).
Other benefits: pension, free parking, annual leave (20 + BH + Christmas shutdown)
Standard hours: 9-5
Should this opportunity appeal to you and you come with the relevant background and experience, please contact Samantha Harris for further information.