Rowan Executive Search are proud to be working exclusively with a large manufacturing group, who have seen significant growth and are now looking to seek a Part Time Group Financial Accountant to complement their high calibre Senior Management Team in their next stage of growth. If you are looking for a better work life balance and a more flexible approach to your working week, while demonstrating a strong ambition as a Group Financial Accountant, this opportunity offers flexibility and the opportunity to make a valuable impact and continue to progress your career.
Have you got what it takes to succeed The following information should be read carefully by all candidates.
The Group is committed to facilitating its growth strategy and within the last 18 months the business has appointed new and dynamic Senior Management Team. The team bring both a passion for manufacturing and proven achievement of success within ambitious organisations. They have identified the need to appoint a Group Financial Accountant to complement a strong Senior Leadership Team, which will continue to strategically drive growth, process improvement and profitability.
The role of Part Time Group Financial Accountant will offer the opportunity to work alongside the SMT and the wider business, directly reporting into the Group Financial Controller. Driving the constant improvement of process, systems and controls throughout the finance function. Your communication and drive to 'get it right’ will support the strong underpinnings of this robust business, in the next stage of growth. You will have a solid financial accounting background and demonstrate excellent knowledge of annual Statutory accounting and reporting, VAT preparation supported by a understand of technical accounting standards. Your commercial acumen is integral in this role, you will not just be behind a screen, but play an integral part with the business 'Value Add'.
- Deliver accurate and detailed focused financial support to the finance team and the wider business.
- Take full responsibility for the production of accurate and timely annual statutory accounts for Group.
- Take ownership to produce detailed and accurate contribution to the MI pack for distribution to senior leadership team to drive enhanced decision making
- Develop an excellent understanding of the complexities and intricacies of the Group including its foreign trading entities.
- Create a strong relationship with external auditors while supporting the year end audit process.
- Demonstrate the ability to own all statutory Group consolidated accounts production and year-end tax computations.
- Support the finance function as it seeks to improve current processes, controls and procedures to support the next phase of growth.
- Become established as the 'go to’ person for all technical accounting queries and adoption of new accounting principles.
- Play a support role in the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Manage and development of the capital expenditure process and reporting.
- Take ownership of a number group projects from a financial accounting perspective.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports or analysis as required as well as providing support to other financial staff or business projects.
- Improve current reporting and automation of reporting.
- Engaging style of communication with the ability to build strong working relationships across all levels across the businesses.
- Ability and initiative to solve problems
- Approachable with the ability to communicate financial information to both a financial and non-financial audiences.
- Ability to work with and recognise areas for development and improvements with modern ERP and IT systems, knowledge of Power BI would be beneficial.
- Self-starter with the ambition and drive to develop processes and develop 'Best in class’ within the organisation.
- Strong Technical financial accounting experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA OR CIMA).
In return the successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive remuneration package including Flexible approach to working and an excellent working environment, Performance related bonus, 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) and a Generous pension.