Part time Head of Finance, sitting on the senior management team, reporting into the CEO and responsible for the finances of the Charity. The role oversees the financial operations of the entire organisation, management of the finance team and the organisations long term financial strategy.
The organisation is a health charity and is seen as a key market to protect in the current environment, as they are providing care and support for some of the most vulnerable in society. The charity has also secured a number of government grants to increase the level of service they provide to those most effected by the impact of lock down.
The post holder will work closely with the Chief Executive and senior colleagues to deliver operational elements of the role. The Head of Finance will also be a key member of the Charities Senior Leadership Team, working closely with the Board of Trustees and Finance and Risk Committee to ensure financial strategies and management practices achieve the most effective us of resources.
The role will also include the following responsibilities:
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team, contribute to the development, roll out and review of the Charities strategic plan.
- Develop, inspire and train finance staff to achieve their full potential and who in turn can make tangible contributions to the team.
- Lead responsibility for the financial strategy section of the Charities strategic plan to include investment of funds, cash flow forecasts and bench marking with similar organisations.
- Overseeing the end-to-end preparation of the annual budgets and associated three-year plans, working with finance and non-finance colleagues throughout the process. Also responsible for costing of projects and any relevant financial management subjects.
- To lead on the year end process and the preparation of the organisations annual accounts in line with the accountancy standards.
- Lead in the preparation of monthly accounts, variance analysis and commentaries, working with the Charities stakeholders.
- Fulfilment of a Finance Business Partner role to the Charity, including regular liaison with senior managers and budget holders.
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong all-round finance capabilities that can be evidenced through experience. You will be able to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels, with experience of supporting key decision-making. Alongside this you will hold strong technical finance understanding and be able to drive improvement and development of a finance function in a growing organisation.
£50,000 pro rata for 3 or 4days a week, Auto enrolment pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working arrangement options to work from home.