We are looking for an ambitious and experienced NAM/ Head of Sales.
You will be responsible for growing sales with our key grocery partners and also on Amazon Vendor. With a new breakfast range about to land, this is a pivotal time to come on board and really be a part of shaping our success story.
Who are we?
We are a young and ambitious company, with a vision is to become a cross category natural food brand. This is a unique and rare opportunity to join a business with growth potential and bags of opportunity for growth.
What’s on offer?
- You will have full P&L responsibility of all sales accounts across the business including our three key grocery partners (Sainsbury’s, Waitrose & Ocado).
- You will also be responsible for driving growth on Amazon Vendor and working together with our Amazon marketing agency.
- Fully responsible for executing sales growth plans and delivering on profitability targets. You will be joining at an exciting stage, with a brand re-positioning and a new range of products about to land, there is extensive scope to grow sales across all accounts
- This is a remote based role, with flexible working hours
- We are a young and ambitious business, you will have wide scope to take on responsibility and progress in your career as the business gains traction
- Opportunity to really make an impact, without the shackles of a big corporation.
- Experience: You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in an account management and sales role within FMCG grocery and a track record of driving growth and profitability. Experience in the cereal category a plus.
- Analytical mind-set: Your decisions are driven by data, we are aiming at forecasting pretty accurately as our high quality products have less shelf life. You will be on top of forecasts across all customers and reflect that in internal reporting.
- Entrepreneurial: You have the ability spot opportunities for growth and think outside the box
- Hands On: You are willing to roll up your sleeves and take the reins when needed in order to get things done and execute a plan. You have a hands-on, pragmatic attitude.
- Excel Wizard: This role involves account management, analysing and manipulating data for sales and volume budgeting, forecasting and also analysing EPOS data from grocery retailers. You are proficient in Excel and enjoy getting into the nitty gritty on spreadsheets
- Presentations: You exel in creating visually outstanding and compelling customer presentation decks on PowerPoint/ Google Slides
- Ambitious & Results driven: You stay focused on delivering results, your will to win keeps going even when faced with difficulties. You enjoy taking on a challenge and remain highly motived including when working independently and remotely
- Systems & Detail orientated: You are meticulous and enjoy getting into the details, you excel at planning and organising. You enjoy building and creating the process & systems
- Communication: You have excellent communication and influencing skills, and are a natural relationship builder. You take a collaborative approach ensuring results are achieved in a sustainably way.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for managing and proactively growing sales across the entire business, including grocery retailers, wholesalers, and some export customers.
- Full P&L responsibility across all accounts, driving sustainable growth and delivering on profitability targets
- Setting sales budgets. You will have full responsibility for budgeting sales for your accounts and tracking performance, building in risks and opportunities
- Ensuring accurate sales volume forecasts of base and promotional volumes
- Reporting on sales performance weekly and across several KPI’s vs budget on a monthly basis across all accounts
- Collecting and reporting grocery EPOS data, providing insights
- Creating and executing promotional plans, driving rate of sale, whilst maintaining profit targets for the business
- Drive top class visibility bringing the brand to life at shelf level, as well as driving visibility on customers ecommerce platforms, whilst adhering to trade marketing budgets
- Building strong cross functional relationships with key customer contacts across buying, category & supply chain
- Negotiate exceptional JBP’s with key customers and ensure the plan is executed
- Keeping up to date with category trends and identifying opportunities, you’ll become an expert in the category
- Managing our Amazon agency, ensuring they are driving our sales on the platform whilst delivering profitability targets
Operations/ Supply Chain
A smaller part of this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the full end to end process of supply and demand planning for your accounts. With outsourced manufacturing and an operations manager who looks after the day to order processing, your role will oversee the supply chain and operations end of your accounts, improving process and systems where possible.
- Setting and regularly adjusting sales volume forecasts across all your accounts
- Overseeing stock purchase orders alongside our operations manager, ensuring sufficient stocks are available to fulfil the volume demand you have forecasted
- Review stock levels in our warehouses, ensuring we hold minimal stocks whilst maintaining good availability based on the forecasted demand
- Act as a point of contact for any escalated issues between our operations manager and the supply chain department of our grocery partners
- New product launches; work with our operations manager to ensure new products are on track and will be produced and delivered into customers warehouses on time for launch
- Help to oversee and resolve any operational issues which may arise with our amazon agency
- Part Time - 3 days per week/ 22.5 hours
- Salary £50-60K pro rata
- Remote based role
- Flexible working hours
- Insight & influence over whole end to end management of your accounts
- Autonomy, able to work free of the shackles of a big corporate
- Company pension
- Start date: End of June (flexible for the right candidate)
Please get in touch if this sounds like the right role for you!
Unfortunately we cannot support visa applications at this time.
Please no recruiters.