Do you want to join a fun and creative HR company based in the centre of Harrogate? We have an exciting Part Time HR Advisor opportunity for you!
- Part Time - approx. 20 hours/week - Hours and days to be agreed but ideally over four days and to include Thursday.
- £23K - £28K pro rata, (£11.80 - £14.35/hour) depending on experience.
- Harrogate centre.
- Fun, creative and supportive environment.
Our client is a HR company with a difference; people focussed rather than process driven, they truly value their clients and always offer an exceptional service with a warm and supportive approach.
The role is diverse because they are a small but growing team, allowing you to get involved in all areas of the business. You will support an existing client-base and build up your own clients over time, so you need to be confident, outgoing, and friendly. Most importantly you need to know how to explain any HR processes in a way that’s easy to understand and avoids HR jargon. They’re not remotely corporate!
Key duties of the Part Time HR Advisor include:
- Provide general HR support and advice to clients either by email, phone or face to face
- Hear disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, etc. on behalf of clients or support them to manage the cases themselves, (we hold their hands through the process it’s not about sending templates and leaving then to get on with it)
- Carry out project research (e.g. wellbeing, inclusion, recruitment, pay, etc.)
- Check and update contracts, policies and staff handbooks and keeping up to date with HR and GDPR legislation and employment law changes
- Look for ways to improve processes within the clients’ business as well as our own
- Create, format, brand and maintain company templates and documents
- Update and maintain the client database running reports as required
- Manage the general enquiry mailbox and phone enquiries
- Cover other members of staff when on leave
- Support clients with strategic recruitment planning from headcount forecasting to budgeting and succession planning
- Track and report on recruitment activity
- Write job descriptions, advertising, shortlist and interviewing candidates where required
- Strategically plan alternative means of recruiting e.g. job fairs, exhibitions, graduate schemes, apprenticeships, collaborating with local universities etc.
- Use salary surveys and complete benchmarking exercises
- Carry out research and create blogs, social media posts and e-newsletters
- Create and share HR posts on social media and interact on behalf of the company
- Manage the monthly e-newsletter and interim email updates to clients
- Attend networking events (online or face to face) to positively promote the business
The ideal Part Time HR Advisor will have experience/skills in the following:
- HR experience within small businesses
- Extensive experience of supporting managers through grievances, disciplinaries, appeals and redundancies
- Up to date employment law knowledge
- Experience of recruitment and selection
- Excellent IT literacy with Microsoft packages and various on-line platforms (e.g., CRMs, recruitment portals etc.)
- Working knowledge of marketing social media platforms, (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Experience of blog writing and creating guides for managers
- Experience of D&I and Wellbeing project work or initiatives
Click APPLY NOW and don’t miss this excellent opportunity!