Our client is a successful multi-site industrial sector business with a base in the Teesside area.
Apply fast, check the full description by scrolling below to find out the full requirements for this role.
Due to business growth a new position has become available for an experienced HR Advisor to join an established and busy HR team on a permanent, part time basis. The role will provide generalist HR and recruitment advice to a range of stakeholders across the organisation.
The role is offering the equivalent of 3-4 days per week. Actual days of work and working hours can be flexible. This position will support other UK sites so willingness to travel on occasion is necessary.
Reporting to the HR Lead, main responsibilities and accountabilities will include the following:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure HR is able to support the business objectives.
- Coach and Mentor line managers in all people management related activity.
- Assist with a variety of recruitment activity giving advice to the business on the most effective and cost-effective recruitment mediums.
- Support the business in recruitment processes and offer management.
- Manage Employee Relations case management up to dismissal level.
- Proactive management of grievance situations, providing mediation where necessary.
- Monitoring and managing absence management and performance management cases.
- Manage and monitor policies and procedures in accordance with legislation.
- Provide guidance and promote Health and Wellbeing initiatives including Mental Health First Aid.
- Monitor key HR metrics including turnover and retention and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Support with the organisation’s Pay and Reward offering and advise on the Company reward policy.
- Assist with a variety of HR project activity.
- Provide generalist administrative support when necessary.
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrable experience at the HR Advisor level ideally gained from within a commercially focussed organisation.
- Be experienced in managing complex employee relations cases.
- Have the ability to work proactively in relation to recruitment related activity.
- Be CIPD qualified or be willing to work towards this.
- Have a valid UK driving licence.